Sunday, August 18, 2013

You're such a fucking tease . . .



Teasers?

What are they good for?

I dunno, but my beloved Hadley Hemingway and I are plotting something new that has me in fits. I still have no idea where this is headed (just like every other time, tbh) and I'm still trying to get these two to talk to me, but somethiing special is happening.

Hold your breath for me:




I was traversing the saddle, a narrow ridge bordered on each side by a thousand foot drop, when Moose hesitated. He looked back at me with his scruff standing upright, a frantic bark in his throat. That bark. It had been so long since I’d heard him make that particular sound. I was still wondering what he could possibly mean when I got a full body flash of her.




Like a wrecking ball.




My knees hit the trail, then my palms. Fingers clutching dust. Choking on a lungful of blistering hot air while my head tried to turn itself inside out, wrapping around the shimmery silhouette of a girl standing far off in the distance. Barely an inch tall and blurred around the edges before she warped from light years away to a microscopic level in a single, tripwire heartbeat. Shoved right up in my face, underneath my skin, every inch of her rubbing up along every inch of me, summoning blisters to the surface everywhere she touched.




I could feel her, taste her.




Cell to cell for one solid instant.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you feel, what you thought, why you came.

XO
HBM