Friday, June 27, 2014

Random news and ramblings


Check-in time:

- It took a bunch of fighting with some not-so-nice nerd type 'helpers' on the blogger forum, but I think I may have solved the email notification problem. Seems Blogger can't handle such a concept on it's own . . . shocking, I know. Come to find out I need a whole separate account with Feedburner in order to notify followers, which then entails burning and pinging and setting default numbers high or lower when it all should probably just be easy. 

*shakes fist at Blogger*

As far as I know, notifications are now working, the first of those notifications going out for chapter three of Don't Look / No Promises.


- I've been asked a couple of times if I'm planning to post Don't Look / No Promises to ff.net. The answer to this is no. I do not like that site, the people who run it, the guest reviewers . . . etc. I pulled my stories for a reason and will not be posting new material there. This is where you can find me and my words for the time being. I have given Hadley Hemingway permission to post DL/NP to her own ff.net site, as the story is for her, but she has yet to make a decision about that.


- On that note: there is a difference between a simple Beta and Hadley Hemingway. Correcting periods and commas is standard but a true Beta, one who takes that term seriously, is someone who steps even deeper into the story. Asks hard questions, points out discrepancies or inconsistencies, pushes their writer toward a better manuscript, a better story. Sometimes it involves kicking and screaming (mostly on my part) but at this point the term 'Beta' just doesn't do Hadley justice anymore. She is a co-author, right there with me for every step of the way, just as invested in these plot lines and characters as I am. Sure, she might correct my missing commas and my run on sentences, but that it only the tip of her giant iceberg. 

I found a treasure buried in the deep, dark masses of this fandom, the best one around hands down, and I'm keeping her. She will never get rid of me. 

- As for future projects . . . Dry spells must come and go in a writer's life, just like forests must burn once a millenia and droughts must break with a torrential downpour. I have a multitude of documents intended for several different fates. Some are destined for book covers, some might find their way here and if I can rope her down, a certain someone has penned a couple chapters of something with me that I'm really excited about. 

- I'm also cooking something . . .  something small but also really, really big . . .  and will tell you about it when DL/NP finishes posting. 

Stay tuned.

XO

HBM

3 comments:

  1. I'm really excited that you're writing! Hopefully will one day have your books on my bookshelves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got my notification and caught up with the story! Tattward/Bikerward is very sexy! I think Miss Bella needs a little smack for her attitude!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you feel, what you thought, why you came.

XO
HBM