Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Mind The Gap / 14




The first snow of the year came far sooner than I expected.

That was a good day. I woke up in Bella’s bed to dreams of her smell lodged in my brain and wormed my way between the flowered sheets until I was face first in her pussy. She came-to already breathless, fingers in my hair, my name in her mouth. Best way to wake her up, hands down. The entire room was bathed in the strange blueish-grey light that snow cast, and every inch of her skin was the smoothest thing my ravaged fingers had ever felt.

Yesterday had been our last outdoor climb of the year.

You could feel the shift of the seasons in the air that day, a bitter underbite to the breeze that cut just a little deeper than it had before. The forest was calm, the birds disappearing and the animals bunkering down. It meant that we’d spend the next half of the year climbing in the gyms, which I wasn’t looking forward to at all.

Bella accused me of bringing her back to the Problem Queen so that I could re-live how fucking epic it had been to find her tumbling off that rock. That wasn’t necessarily untrue. I now had a strange affection for the climb I only used to warm up on, but at the time I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I couldn’t even grasp the gravity of the situation and had no idea how far off my path her presence would launch me.

It would be a lie to say that I didn’t think about that first time, every time we climbed.

I trailed her through the meadow on our way back to the cars, letting her talk to me about dinner but totally stuck in my head. Her hair was down, her steps practically skipping right along with her words and I didn’t care at all that I was meeting her parents tonight, even though I normally would be freaking out right about now. Instead of anxiety, the fear that her father might shoot me on sight or that her mother would think I looked too scruffy and rakish to take care of her daughter, I was being swallowed by a feeling that took me the entire way back to the car to put my finger on.

I wasn’t just happy or content or comfortable. I wasn’t simply awestruck or amazed or even intrigued by her. Wasn’t just in lust or love, even though I’d caught myself a decent case of both.
I was thankful. Thankful that I’d stalked her that day, following a feeling of dread in my stomach. Thankful that I’d caught her, not only that first time but all the other times after that. Thankful that circumstance had brought us together, face to face.


Just fucking thankful that I climbed rocks at all, really.




The End

Read The Outtakes Here

1 comment:

  1. I just finished Chalk and event though I should have gone to bed (it's 1:20AM where I am) I stayed up because I had to read EPOV. I thoroughly enjoyed his story,specially learning the meaning behind Gabby. Your Edward and Bella are so adorable. Thank you for sharing your story!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you feel, what you thought, why you came.

XO
HBM